A lot of political junkies love the state of the union. I do not. The state of the union is an exercise is pomp and futility. It is never a good speech, and the president proposes a bunch of legislation that won’t make it through the rules committee. The response is always interesting when the Republican are in the opposition. The Republicans usually pick some up and coming star; who almost always crashes and burns. Now Marco Rubio.
- Government is an evil that destroys our economy except Medicare and student loans and other government programs used by Marco Rubio and his family.
- We must slash government spending, but Marco Rubio cannot think of one single specific cent to cut.
- Changes to Medicare won’t hurt todays seniors,; tomorrows seniors, no comment.
- Obama hates the free market, and needs to stop making wild accusations against Republican.
- Republicans are in favor of anything that will reduce gun violence except taking Uzis away from the mentally deranged.